Online Learning January – February 2021
Further to the government announcment that secondary schools in England will be closed (except to key worker and vulnerable students) until at least February half term, please see below the arrangements at St Ivo Academy.
Our remote education offer will use Microsoft Teams, which all students have now been shown how to access. Additional guidance can be accessed here.
Please note that student attendance on Teams will be monitored. For any technical issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live lessons will take place as per the regular timetable (without staggered breaks and lunches). Therefore period 1 will start at 8.55am, period 2 at 9.55am, period 3 at 11.15pm, period 4 at 12.15pm and period 5 at 2.00pm.
Years 7, 8 and 9
- Live lessons for English, Maths, Science, Languages, Jump (except Year 9), Geography, History and Ethics.
- Other subjects will set assignments on Teams as standard, but may occasionally offer live lessons.
Years 10 and 11
- Live lessons for all subjects except Learning4Life (inc core Computing), core PE and Car Mechanics.
- Some vocational courses may not run every lesson live – in this case assignments will be set.
- Intervention classes will take place live for Year 11 English, Maths and Science.
Year 12 and 13
- Live lessons for all subjects and all lessons.
- On occasion (and particularly for practical elements of vocational courses), not every lesson may be live – in this case assignments will be set.
- Some classes with low numbers will be accompanied by a second member of staff.
Further information about our approach to remote education can be accessed here.
Children of Key Workers and vulnerable students
The children of key workers and vulnerable students can access in school provision. This includes all children who access a social worker or have an EHCP.
If you are a key worker and wish to access this provision then please email Anthony.email@example.com stating your child’s name, tutor group, which day(s) they will be in school and your occupation. Your child should go to the school hall on their first day in school, in full uniform. They will then be following the same curriculum as students studying from home. It would be helpful for students to bring in earphones with a normal 3.5mm jack if they have these.
Access to equipment and technology
Astrea is committed to ensuring every student has access to a laptop or other device so that they can continue to receive a high quality of education. Should you not have a device available in the home, please email Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
Free School Meals
If your child will not be in school but is entitled to a free meal, you can request a grab bag be left for you to collect at school reception each day. Please note that we are not able to offer a choice of food. If you would like grab bags please email Anthony.email@example.com
If you become aware of a safeguarding concern, please use one of the following resources for help:
- CEOP safety centre
- Cambridgeshire Social Care
- Email the school to let us know firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that this address is only monitored during term time)
- In an emergency the police should be called
Welcome from the Principal
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to our website and to St Ivo Academy. We are an inclusive 11-18 academy which for the last 60 years has been privileged to serve the community of St Ives and its surrounding area.
As a school we want all of our students to be successful in the following ways:
Academically; we want students to achieve highly in courses that prepare them for adult life,
Socially; we want students to become confident young adults who mix well, take on leadership and care for those around them,
Emotionally; in an ever changing world we want students to develop resilience and maturity to cope with life’s challenges,
In extra-curricular activities; we believe that learning goes beyond the classroom and want all of our students to develop new skills and friendships through the huge range of additional activities and visits we offer.
I believe that St Ivo Academy offers a unique mix of academic success and care for the individual. It is a great place to learn and to work. I am very proud to lead a school which is constantly evolving and adapting to provide the best education for the young people of St Ives.
You will find key information about the school on this site or for more regular updates use our Facebook or Twitter accounts. You are, of course, very welcome to arrange a visit to see for yourself what St Ivo Academy has to offer.
I look forward to welcoming you to the school.
Sam Griffin, Principal